The quick answer is that with SAS you can use a function such as CUSIP6=substr(CUSIP,1,6) to find the associated CRSP PERMNO, and then extract that PERMNOs stock data. You may find multiple matches and many nonmatches however and there is no easy solution to these problems.
Articles in this section
- CRSP: Determining the Primary Issue of a Company
- Accessing the CRSP Value-Weighted Market Indexes
- In the CRSP Monthly stock data, I sometimes see a holding period return value of "P" or "T". What do they mean?
- Difference between PERMNO and LPERMNO
- Rounded Values
- PERMNO Vs. PERMCO
- Mutual Fund Net Returns: Loads
- Quickly Obtaining: CUSIP, PERMNO, GVKEY
- CUSIP in CDA & NCUSIP in CRSP and TICKER in CDA & TICKER in CRSP
- Is there sample code to adjust prices and earnings for splits, mergers, etc.